The Adjala Credit Union Limited (ACUL) is a co-operative financial service organization that is owned by its members.
• One voting share in ACUL requires a minimum $40 deposit.
• An 8 member Board of Directors governs the ACUL.
• Members can attend the Annual General Meeting held every April and have an opportunity to discuss, debate and vote on major issues facing the ACUL.
Fr. Francis Xavier O’Reilly formed ACUL in May of 1946. The Credit Union was created to provide the community access to capital. The largely agriculturally based local community was unable to borrow capital due to the large amount of industrial development and associated borrowing that took place at the end of World War 2.
The Credit Union’s original charter included the Parishes of Adjala, Tottenham and Schomberg. More recently ACUL has adopted an open charter and welcomes members from many parts of Ontario.
Product and Service Description
ACUL’s primary focus is on Savings and Lending services.
The savings account is the cornerstone of ACUL’s offerings as it pays an annual dividend based on the performance of the Credit Union.
• The ACUL offers basic savings accounts, GICs and Tax Free Savings accounts.
• ACUL also offers Personal Loans, Lines of Credit, Mortgages and Car Loans.
• ACUL does not provide Chequing accounts, online banking and other services that require user fees.